Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, June 1, 2009

RESTAURANT REVIEW: MELS (THE ORIGINAL)

As promised I headed out this morning to do a Restaurant Review. I ended up at Mel's on Howe Ave. You may recall Mel's drive in featured in the classic movie American Graffiti.

One thing I noticed about Mel's (The Original) restaurant was how clean it was. Sparkly clean inside & out. Even the restroom was spotless.

As soon as I walked in I was greeted with a smile from my server named Heather. Heather was twenty something, attentive & very very beautiful.

I sat down at a booth & soaked the place in. Lot's of 1950's nostalgia filled the place. There was a Jukebox in my booth. 1950's music filled the spotless restaurant.

The floor was so clean you could eat off of it.

I ordered the breakfast special: Ham steak, 2 eggs & two pancakes. The coffee was fresh brewed & excellent.

Just a little time passed when my server Heather arrived with my breakfast. The Ham Steak seemed a little on the small side, but with two eggs & two pancakes it didn't matter. I had never seen such an awesome presentation for a breakfast special. I wish that I had brought my camera to snap a pic of this great meal. More than likely if I did, the workers & patrons would have wondered what the hell I was doing.

The meal was excellent. With my fresh coffee the total for my meal was just $6.72.

In these trying economic times $6.72 is an excellent price for Breakfast.

One this I noticed was that my server had perfect timing. She wasn't all over me bothering me every two minutes & she wasn't ignoring me either.

The meal really hit the spot & I am positive I will return again.

I give Mel's (The Original) 3 1/2 Stars out of 4 Stars.

Original Mels on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mels' has some really good food. The milkshakes are the Bomb. And like your article mentioned, the servers are beautiful. They always have a $4.99 breakfast special mon - fri.